Quick Reliable Printing opened for business in 1979 in Midland, Michigan. Prior to opening the business, operations were ran out of the President's home, working as a film stripper by day and press operator by night. QRP has grown from a one man operation to a 40 person team of printing experts that specialize in helping you market your business effectively.
Over the years, a lot has changed in this industry but the basics of what we do remains the same - taking care of our customer.
When QRP was established:
- Our President was James Carter.
- Saddam Hussein was elected President of Iraq.
- The Movie Apocalypse Now was released.
- The Sugar Hill Gang released "Rapper's Delight".
- Gas was 86 cents.
- Russia invaded Afghanistan.
- The Three Mile island Nuclear Accident occurred.
Popular Culture 1979
- YMCA sues the Village People for libel because of their song of the same name.
- Sid Vicious, a former member of the Sex Pistols dies due to a heroin overdose during the trial for murdering his girlfriend.
- Pink Floyd release the multi award winning concept album "The Wall" with the top selling single "Another Brick in the Wall".
- The General Knowledge Quiz Game Trivial Pursuit is Launched
- The First modern Bungee Jumping performed by a group from the Oxford University Dangerous Sports club jumped from the Clifton Suspension Bridge joining England and Wales
- Superman The Movie
- Every Which Way But Loose
- Rocky II
- The Amityville Horror
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- The Muppet Movie
- The Deer Hunter
- Kramer vs. Kramer
Popular Musicians and songs
- Bee Gees with " Love you Inside Out "
- Rod Stewart
- Gloria Gaynor with " I will Survive "
- Blondie with " heart of Glass "
- Donna Summer "Hot Stuff" and "Bad Girls"
- Michael Jackson
- The Eagles
- Pink Floyd
- The Police
- Village People
- Boomtown Rats